Creative Couple

Creative Couple

Thursday 16 April 2015

Amazing Website!

What a discovery! I was surfing the Internet this morning and looking for ideas for my classroom when I read an article about the use of cell phones in the classroom. I had always thought that cell phones could be a great tool for students and teachers to utilize in the class, but I hadn't, until now, been convinced.

The article sent me to a website callled PollEverywhere: http://www.polleverywhere.com/
In only a few minutes, I was using the website to create a poll to survey my students. The students answer using the texting function on their cell phones!



If you aren't familiar with this site, you absolutely have to visit it! I haven't tried it out with my students yet, but it works great with my phone. It is similar to the ActivVote hand held devices that some teachers have which are usually expensive, and only for the lucky ones!

I have already planned a lesson where I ask my graduating students a bunch of questions about their time at our school. You can choose multiple choice questions or open-ended questions. It should be a lot of fun!

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment