Creative Couple

Creative Couple

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Makin' It Beautiful

This blogging thing is a lot of work. I see some of the other blogs looking really attractive. Hopefully, someday, mine will be as nice. I never realised that so much time was invested just in getting the layout quite right. Stay tuned, I promise that I will figure out how all this works.

There is a lot going on in Quebec schools around this time of year. ESL teachers are preparing students for their annual class trips. Some of the most popular destinations are: Toronto, New York, Boston, Ottawa. Others will travel as far as Chicago or Washington. As for myself, I'll be taking my students to NYC. We have quite the itinerary planned for them: Times Square, Central Park, Fifth Avenue, Top of the Rock, Gospel Mass, Broadway play: Mama Mia. My students are so excited! Even though I travel there each year, I have to admit that I still look forward to those beautiful Spring days in vibrant NYC. I can't wait to play Frank Sinatra's New York, New York as we exit the tunnel and enter the city. Hopefully we won't get any rain showers like we usually do...

With many students being preoccupied with the upcoming hockey playoffs, tomorrow, I like to plan a few lessons accordingly. Be sure to check out my video comprehension exercises on my website at http://www.eslquebec.com/ in the PRACTICE section.  I have a video starring P.K. Subban and Lars Eller, two forces of the Montreal Canadiens team. I also have a Molson video about Vitaly which is hockey themed.





You can also check out the hockey resources on Teachers Pay Teachers here. Be sure to look at the EXPAND Your Vocabulary units: Go Habs Go! and Hockey Superstitions, to read about the Montreal Canadiens, The Detroit Red Wings, The Tampa Bay Lightning and other teams.

Check out the TpT store here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Creative-Couple






Finally, a great lesson to teach around this time of year is Roch Carrier's The Hockey Sweater. Be sure to check out the video and comprehension exercises on my site.




Keep coming back for more ideas, or follow us!

No comments:

Post a Comment